Tuesday, August 23, 2016

New House, New Classroom, New Everything

I think one of the hardest things to do in leaving was giving up living in my Grandparent's house that I spent an entire year of my life working on. I had no idea what my living situation was going to be, was I going to have to buy all new furniture, linens, kitchen items. Fortunately, I got set up very nicely in a very modern, furnished apartment with great amenities. Of course, I still miss 'my things' some of which have great sentimental value but I'll survive. Take a look:

 Living Room 

Enclosed Balcony

 Dining Area

Master Bath 

 Master Bedroom 


 Master Wardrobe

I think this will be my experience in living with less. 

 Kitchen 


 Pull-out drawers are superior to cabinets

 Guest Bedroom


I'm not even kidding, anyone is welcome to use this room. I will wine and dine you if you pay for your plane ticket. 


Any teacher knows that coming into a new classroom can be challenging, this was no exception. You always feel weird like you're going through other people's belongings... Here is what I started with: 


Before 


After


A room with a view


From the other end of the building


As cool as it is, there will always be a soft spot in my heart longing for the sound of a freight train gently thundering by my classroom 6-10 times a day...but I'm content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment